Saturday, October 5, 2013

Archibald & Halmon, P.C. - Thomas Branch

For the last past 6 months or so, Attorney Thomas Branch of Archibald & Halmon, P.C. has been giving excuse after excuse as to why the payments to the heirs of my uncle's estate hasn't been paid out. I called him several times in September and was given countless run arounds by the lady who answered the phone in his office as to why he couldn't talk to me on the phone. This past Monday, I called the office again and encountered a very rude exchange by this woman - before she hung up on me. I wondered why someone who was legit in their conduct of business would dodge me and why the woman who represents their company would be so brash with me? My hunch lead me to do some research of my own in attempts to have some of my questions answered since it is obvious to me that Attorney Thomas Branch has no interests in talking with me - eventhough he assured me that I could contact him if I had any questions or concerns in the letter that he wrote to me and the other heirs to the estate. I went to probate court in Memphis and discovered to my disbelief that Attorney Branch had filed an affidavite for fees around or about August of this year (2013), I'm guessing for himself, in the amount of $6,000. That's interesting, especially since I was under the impression that he'd already been paid for his services off the top. For the last past 6 months, he's been assuring me and one of my sisters that payments to the heirs was the next and final phase in this matter - however, no payments have been made and I'm just wondering how long he and the Executor of the Estate plan to keep this up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.